VICTIMS of the December 18 2022 attack on Malagum 1 and Sokong communities in Southern Kaduna on Friday gave horrific details on how the terrorists murdered 40 villagers.
Sources hinted that despite the attacks, the communities were still being threatened with calls from the terrorists, on future attacks.
The victims bared their minds when a non-profit organisation, Gideon and Funmi-Para-Malla Peace Foundation, donated relief materials including 100 blankets, 10 bags of rice, 10 bags of beans, 20 bags of salt, and two bags of maize.
The leader of the delegation, Gideon Para-Mallam, said it was even more frightening that one of the victims told him that at about 9:5am, he received a phone call from those who perpetrated the violence telling them that they were not done with them yet.
He explained that the attackers were using cell-phones of the victims they killed to call their loved ones and threaten them that they were coming again.
One of the victims, Nathan Yashim, who narrated his ordeal, disclosed that his father, mother and step brother were butchered and set ablaze like animals during the attack.
Yashim, who could not hold back his tears, said his dreams in life had been shattered.
He said, “Those who perpetuated the act on our communities are Fulanis. For two hours, the attackers were operating without a single security man coming to rescue us.
“I am one of the biggest farmers in this community, but I lost everything and I don’t know how to start life again.”
Earlier, during a town-hall meeting at Kagoro, the President of the Kagoro Development Association, Jalz Gambo, debunked the impression that what took place at Malagum 1 and Sokong communities was a communal clash.
He said the two communities were attacked while they were going about their normal businesses.
Another victim, Joseph Utuk, who narrowly escaped the attack in Sokong community accused the military of being complacent in the attacks that took place.
“In the morning, we saw bullet shells of the Nigerian Army on our houses and this attack was carried out successfully for two hours without any help from the military who were just 30 meters away from our community.
“After the attack in our community alone where nine people were killed on December 18, the attackers came back again the following evening but they were repelled by the military”, Utuk said.
Para-Mallam said, “What happened in Malagum 1 and Sokong communities are horrific, unacceptable, and a demonstration of inhumanity to man.
“Visits like this to the traumatised community helps to throw more lights to the wider global community to know what is really happening in Southern Kaduna.”
FORMER Speaker of the House of Representatives Rt Hon Yakubu Dogara has said evidence shows that the race for the...Read more
KADUNA State Governor, Nasir El-Rufai has stated that Peter Obi cannot win the 2023 presidential election. El-Rufai said the Labour...Read more
THE Director-General of the Atiku-Okowa Peoples Democratic Party, PDP, Presidential Campaign Council in Rivers State, Abiye Sekibo, has accused the...Read more
THE Governor of Kaduna State, Nasir El-Rufai, has said President Muhammadu Buhari was shocked when he was told that Senate...Read more
THE Presidential candidate of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP), former Vice President, Atiku Abubakar has warned the Independent National Electoral...Read more
FORMER Federal Commissioner for Information and South-South Leader, Chief Edwin Clark, has told Governor Ifeanyi Okowa of Delta State to...Read more
THE Supreme Court, on Wednesday, fixed February 6 to determine the merit of an appeal the All Progressives Congress, APC,...Read more
THE presidential candidate of All Progressives Grand Alliance (APGA), Chief Chekwas Okorie, Wednesday unveiled his running mate, Hajiya Hadiza Mohammed...Read more
Mr Nwachukwu Nwabueze, a chieftain of the Labour Party (LP) in Ebonyi said Mr Peter Obi, the presidential candidate of...Read more
THE Resident Electoral Commissioner of the Independent National Electoral Commission in Osun State, Dr Mutiu Agboke, has said Bimodal Voter...Read more
LABOUR PARTY and the New Nigeria Peoples Party on Wednesday said their presidential candidates would not step down for their...Read more
THE Peoples Democratic Party Campaign Council in Rivers State has taken a swipe at the state governor, Nyesom Wike, over...Read more
INDEPENDENT National Electoral Commission (INEC) Cross River State has concluded plans to conduct mock accreditation with the Bimodal Voter Accreditation...Read more