Industrial Action Grounds Edo State Polytechnics As Obaseki Refused To Pay 4 months Salary Arrears (VIDEO)

Industrial Action Grounds Edo State Polytechnics As Obaseki Refused To Pay 4 months Salary Arrears (VIDEO)

THE Academic Staff Union of Polytechnics (ASUP) and the Non Academic Staff Union of Polytechnics (NASUP) Edopoly Usen chapter have paralysed academic activities in EdoPoly, Usen Polytechnics with industrial action. It could be recalled that since this year 2021, the staff of the Polytechnic have only received 4 months salary. The union leaders who are currently in a meeting with the Edo State Government at the time of filling this report promised yesterday to lockdown the institution if their 4 months salaries are not paid.
Striking polytechnic teachers have insisted on continuing with their industrial action until the Federal Government meets all their demands.
The teachers, under the aegis of ASUP and NASUP said the Governor has refused all entities and plea to pay their salaries.
“We are in the 9th month now. The Polytechnic receives 65% monthly subvention to pay salary monthly while the school argument with school fees with the remaining 35%.
“During the Covid-19 pandemic lockdown the school could not argument it and so there was accumulation of 4 months salary.
“After much deliberation with the management to approach the governor for his intervention and it failed, we have now resorted to closing the school in the same manner Colleges of Agriculture Iguoriakhi and College of Education, Ekiadolor have been shutdown, respectively.
“Governor Obaseki is anti-education and anti-development and these are clear examples of his hatred for closing down Pa Imoudu Colleges of Continues Education, Teachers Training College, Abudu and all other colleges in the state”, our  sources revealed.
(VIDEO):

 22 total views,  4 views today

contact_us_mix.png
Donate