(1) Construct thousands of kilometres of roads into rural communities and farms. He said this in his campaign inauguration speech.
(2) In his manifesto tagged “Achieving Economic Prosperity for Edo State”, Obaseki promised to create over 200,000 new jobs in four years.
(3) “Within the first year in office, we will restructure and resolve all outstanding debt obligations with Bendel Brewery, Edo Line and any other State-Owned Enterprise”.
(4) “We will attract private capital into all State-Owned Enterprises under privatization”.
(5) “We will conclude ongoing efforts to complete and commission industries initiated by the PDP government but abandoned before commissioning including Uromi Cassava Factory and Fertilizer Factory in Auchi”.
(6) “We will extend road networks to connect new areas not previously linked with the road infrastructure grid to facilitate the movement of people and produce to markets”.
(7) “We will identify the most disadvantaged neighbourhoods in the state and those at the greatest risk of flooding and channel resources into building necessary infrastructure to cater for their needs”.
(8) “We will determine the most accident-prone areas and provide adequate safety and traffic management solutions”.
(9) “In pursuit of our collective desire to develop a competitive knowledge economy, we will introduce the development of broadband infrastructure into our road infrastructure and transportation network”.
(10) “We will redevelop the Ikpoba River valley projects not only to generate electricity but also as a source of water supply for industrial and domestic user”.
(11) “We will provide the enabling environment for women to achieve their highest potential by taking our initiative beyond the phase of empowering women to empowering society as a whole through the women-in-business”.
(12) “We will invest in our eight technical vocational education and training institutions”.
(13) “We will create direct jobs for our youth through skills in engineering, building technology, agriculture, food sciences, and hospitality under entrepreneurship schemes or industry employment”.
(14) “We will support at least 20,000 entrepreneurs over the next four years to stimulate the economy through Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises (MSMEs) development creating no less than 50,000 additional jobs”.
(15) “Healthcare infrastructure will receive a boost by focusing government financing at the Primary Health Care level across the state and, where there is the business case, a mix of public and private capital at the tertiary levels”.
(16) “Visual and dental health will be integrated into the healthcare policy and master plan”.
(17) “We will complete the renovation of school infrastructure already commenced”.
(18) “We will introduce a continuous maintenance culture to ensure the sustainability of the education infrastructure”.
(19) “We will turn the Civil Service into a world-class work environment powered by information and communication Technology (ICT)”.
(20) “Taxation is a major source of government revenue but we will ensure a pocket-friendly tax regime in our drive for Internally Generated Revenues (IGR)”.
(21) “We will strengthen the Criminal Justice System to expedite the interpretation of laws, determination of disputes, restitution for victims and punishment of offenders”.
(22) “We will re-introduce mobile and assize courts to expedite dispensation of justice”.
(23) “We will reduce the strain on our courts of superior record”.
(24) “We will support the police and other state-sponsored agents in various capacities including the infrastructure that supports them in the work they do”.
(25) “We will restore Edo State as the Number One state in sports in Nigeria, especially in football where we once held sway as a talent ground”.
(26) “We will publish a template to be jointly used by the public and the civil society to track the achievement of this objective”.
(27) “We will give loans to SME at single digit interest rates”.
(28) “We will build a more virile and mobile business and learning environment”.
(29) During the campaign in Ekpoma on August 3, 2016, Obaseki promised to re-introduce scholarship and payment of bursary in all state-owned higher institutions.
(30) He pledged to collaborate with the new investor who acquired the Ewu Flour Mill to boost the economy.
(31) “We will reduce the cost of governance”.
(32) “We will not sack workers”.
(33) “Many Edo people will generate wealth by keying into our value chain development of oil palm, cassava, cocoa, grains, rubber, fruits and vegetables”.
(34) “We will create over 150,000 jobs within the next four years under a farm ownership and management model or out-growers’ scheme”.
(35) In his acceptance speech, he promised to work tirelessly to transform the state.
(36) “We build a state which will be anchored on a productive economy that will transform and empower our citizens to the best level”.
(37) He promised that his administration would strive to deliver on all the promises.