PLANNED PROTEST BY SOME POLITICAL PARTIES FOLLOWERS:
-CP GUMEL CALLS ON KANO STATE RESIDENTS TO REMAIN PATRIOTIC BY AVOIDING ENGAGING THEMSELVES IN ANY FORM OF UNLAWFUL GATHERING, PROTEST, OR PROCESSION WITH LIKELIHOOD OF TRIGGERING VIOLENCE
AS adequate security arrangements have been put in place to prevent escalation of tensions that may lead to breakdown of law and order; warning that whoever attempts to disrupt the peace in the State, will be arrested and made to face the full wrath of the Law
2. The call is as a result of credible information at the Command’s disposal that revealed the intention of some groups of political party supporters using unconventional media platforms, mobilizing people and planning to enter the streets in form of protest to the Kano State Governorship Appeal Court’s verdict which was delivered on Friday, 17th November 2023. The information revealed that the intention of the protesters is to shutdown the State in an action which may likely result in violence. It’s on this note that the police command issued warning to residents of the state to be extra-careful as whoever intends to conduct any protest or procession should do so in accordance with the provisions of the law.
3. Furthermore, you will all recall that prior to the court ruling, the leaderships of both NNPP and APC had been invited by the Kano State Police Command where peace accord was signed on Thursday, 16th November 2023.
4. The objective of the peace accord was to maintain harmony and ensure that the political landscape in Kano State remained peaceful, irrespective of the judgment’s outcome.
5. In furtherance, the leadership of the two political parties promised that; no politically motivated clusters of people would be allowed at any location under whatever guise, their supporters would not engage in any mass action suggesting preparation for violent processions, protests, or celebrations that may trigger reactions, unguarded statements from their members likely to increase political tension or undermine the security arrangements and sanctity of the Judiciary would be avoided, they will remain committed to on behalf of their parties to monitor, adhere and comply with the details contained in the peace accord signed before the Kano State Police Command, their parties will support all the arrangements put in place by the security apparatus to maintain peace and order, and that any person or group of persons directly or indirectly found disrupting the peace before, during and after the Appeal Court Judgment shall face the full wrath of the Law
6. In view of the above, the Commissioner of Police, Kano State Police Command, CP Mohammed Usaini Gumel, FIPMA, psc calls on all residents to maintain calmness and avoid any form of unlawful gathering, protest, or procession that may trigger violence as joint security forces have since been dispatched to strategic locations to safeguard peace and order throughout the State.
7. Reiteratively, whoever attempts to disrupt the peace in the State will be arrested and made to face the wrath of the law.
8. The CP while appreciating the peace-loving people of the State for their cooperation, support and understanding, expressed the commitment of the Police Command to the protection of lives and properties of all residents in the State. He urged everyone to keep reporting any suspicious movement, person(s) or item(s) they come across to the nearest Police Station or through the following Kano State Police Command emergency contact numbers: – 08032419754, 08123821575, 09029292926, or log in to the NPF Rescue Me Application available in the Play Store, or through the following Online Media Platforms;
Facebook: Kano State Police Command
Twitter: Kano State Police Command (@KanoPoliceNG)
Instagram: Kano State Police Command
Tiktok: Kano State Police Command.
By Adeyinka Adedipe AHEAD of the 2024 governorship election in Edo State, the All Progressives Congress in the state has...Read more
THE Edo State All Progressives Congress (APC) has ruled out zoning its governorship ticket to any senatorial district ahead of...Read more
SEANTORS Ifeanyi Ubah and Uche Ekwunife have been presented to members of the All Progressives Congress (APC) in Anambra State...Read more
CITIZENS of Edo State mockingly jabbed Governor Godwin Obaseki over his failed farms projects in the three Senatorial Districts of...Read more
THE chairman of BUA Group, Abdul Samad Rabiu, has rejected an appointment by the All Progressives Congress (APC) Trojan News...Read more
THE Edo State Governor, Godwin Obaseki, has said members of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) in the state will determine...Read more
THE Social Democratic Party (SDP) has distanced itself from a purported protest that took place at the Independent National Electoral...Read more
NIGERIA's President Bola Tinubu presented the 2024 budget proposal to the National Assembly, which included a conservative oil price benchmark of...Read more
THE candidate of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) in the Imo governorship election, Samuel Anyanwu, has vowed to recover his...Read more
1. The Supreme Court issued a hearing notice dated 25th October 2023, notifying the Labour Party (LP) and its candidate...Read more