Trojan News :: Real Time News

Crime Watch News

39-Year-Old Woman Dies After Injection, Police Begin Probe

FOLLOWING the death of a 39-year-old woman, Afusat Ololade, in the Ita Baale area of Ifo, Ogun State, the state Police Command has begun an investigation into the incident.

OUR ORRESPONDENCEC learnt that the incident happened at about 4:07pm on Tuesday 18, 2024.

Our correspondent learnt on Monday that the deceased was allegedly given an unknown injection, which led to her death.


A police source familiar with the incident, but not authorised to speak officially, informed our correspondent that the deceased woman had been receiving treatment at the house of someone, identified as Alabede Libagi, who claimed to be a native doctor, following a brief illness.

Suspecting that he could no longer treat the victim’s ailment, Libagi allegedly consulted with an auxiliary nurse in the community, known as Oyin Israel, who is alleged to have administered the fatal injection.

OUR CORRESPONDENCE learnt that the 39-year-old woman reportedly passed away shortly after receiving the injection, resulting in the arrest of the native doctor, the auxiliary nurse, and the motorcyclist who transported them to the location

Responding to the incident, the command spokesperson, Odutola Omolola, stated that an investigation had begun to uncover the details of the incident.

She said, “Our Ifo Division has arrested the three suspects after the matter was reported by the deceased daughter. The deceased was taken to the general hospital in the area which confirmed her dead. Three persons have been arrested in relation to the crime.”

PUNCH reported a similar incident in 2018 when a native doctor, Olawale Raji, and a nurse, Funmilayo Olusegun, were arrested for allegedly causing the death of a pregnant woman through an abortion.

The woman, reportedly two months pregnant, sought the services of the two suspects who worked at a private hospital for the procedure.

However, she began experiencing complications shortly after the abortion and died en route to a Federal Medical Centre in Abeokuta for treatment.

About The Author