MAVERICK politician Senator Arthur Nzeribe is dead.
Here are things you probably didn’t know about Nzeribe:
1. Francis Arthur Nzeribe was born in Oguta, Imo State on November 2, 1938.
2. He was Senator for the Orlu Senatorial constituency in Imo State from October 1983 to December 1983 and May 1999 to May 2007 on palrform of the People’s Democratic Party (PDP) slate.
3. His father, Oyimba Nzeribe, was a lawyer and former state counsel, and his grandfather, Akpati Nzeribe, held the traditional title of Ogbuagu, Oshiji, Damanze Oyimba of Oguta.[
4. His second wife is the sister of Hajia Asabe Yar’Adua, wife of the late General Shehu Musa Yar’Adua, who was brother of President Umaru Yar’Adua.
5. Nzeribe lost his mother when he was a primary school student while his father was away in Great Britain studying law.
8. In 1957, he traveled to Lagos where he obtained employment with Nigeria’s Port Authority as an engineering cadet, and a year later, received a scholarship from the NPA to study marine engineering.
9. He was a billionaire believed to be worth over $1.5 billion as of 2018.
10. Nzeribe built Sentinel Assurance and other companies.
11. Arthur Nzeribe was elected Senator for the Imo Orlu constituency 1999 and was reelected in 2003.
12. In November 2002, Senate President Anyim Pius Anyim indefinitely suspended Senator Nzeribe due to an allegation of a N22 million fraud.
13. In August 2007 Nzeribe was appointed a member of the Board of Trustees of the PDP.
PDP crisis: ‘I Will Fight You – Wike Dares Ayu
RIVERS State Governor, Nyesom Wike has ridiculed the embattled former National Chairman of the Peoples Democratic Party, Iyiorchia Ayu, following...Read more
Court Affirms Victor Oye As Authentic APGA National Chairman
The Federal High Court in Abuja on Tuesday affirmed Victor Oye as the lawful and legitimate National Chairman of the...Read more
BREAKING: Ihedioha withdraws From Imo PDP Governorship Primaries
EMEKA Ihedioha, former Governor of Imo State, has announced his withdrawal from the Peoples Democratic Party, PDP, Governorship Primaries. The...Read more
1,000 Half-naked Nasarawa Women Protest Poll Results
NO fewer than 1,000 aged women from across the 13 local government areas of Nasarawa State on Monday held a...Read more
I Didn’t Say Yoruba Are Political Rascals — Emmanuel Iwuanyanwu
THE Chairman of the Elders forum of the Ohanaeze Ndigbo Worldwide, Emmanuel Iwuanyanwu, on Monday described as fake news a...Read more
Election Tribunal Grants Order For Labour Party To Inspect Delta Guber Election Materials
DELTA State Governorship Election Petition Tribunal has granted an order directing the Independent National Electoral Commission, INEC, to allow Labour...Read more
Imo Governorship Election: Labour Party Under Fire Over N25m Nomination Form
AHEAD of the Imo State governorship election scheduled for November 11, the Labour Party, LP, is under fire for fixing...Read more
Why I Sued PDP Chairman Ayu – Party’s Chieftain
A stalwart of the Peoples Democratic Party, Mr Conrad Utaan, has revealed on Monday that he filed a suit...Read more
Umahi Not Competent To Be Senate President – Labour Party Senatorial Candidate
THE Labour Party senatorial candidate for Ebonyi South senatorial zone, Linus Okorie on Monday said that the outgoing Ebonyi State...Read more
BREAKING: INEC To Hold Supplementary Elections In Kebbi, Adamawa April 15
THE Independent National Electoral Commission has fixed April 15, 2023 for the conduct of all outstanding Governorship, National and State...Read more
Court removes Adamawa Lawmaker, Bororo
THE Federal High Court has sacked Member representing Mubi South Constituency in the Adamawa State House of Assembly, Hon Musa...Read more
INEC Announces Date for Kebbi, Adamawa Inconclusive Election
The Independent National Electoral Commission has announced that the supplementary governorship elections in Kebbi and Adamawa states will be held...Read more
Court Restrains Iyorchia Ayu From Parading Himself As PDP Chairman
A Benue State High Court sitting in Makurdi, state capital, Monday restrained the embattled Senator Iyorchia Ayu from parading himself...Read more
APC Attacks INEC for Declaring Kebbi Governorship Election Inconclusive
THE All Progressives Congress in Kebbi State on Sunday faulted the Independent National Electoral Commission for declaring the governorship election...Read more
Ex-President Jonathan Condemns Attack On INEC Material Centre In Bayelsa
Lagos Labour Party Governorship Candidate, Gbadebo Rhodes-Vivour Pays Visit To The Ooni Of Ife
#Election2023 Results: Tinubu Wins Ekiti, Atiku Tops In Osun